Friday, December 6, 2013

Way Too Long....

I have been a blogger slacker and I apologize.  I was using this blog as a substitute website
for our store since I didn't like the way our website had been set up.  But I think I'd like to
take the blog in a different direction.  I'd like it to be more about homemaking and decorating.
There will still be links on the sidebar for products.  Soooo...let's get started.

Most of my blog visitors will probably be directed here from Country Sampler so we
will have lots of décor for country but also many other decorating types:  farmhouse,
primitive, traditional, French country, and others.  Let me hear from you as to what you
like and any suggestions you have.  Let's help each other with our homes.

I find myself becoming more simplistic and this year I decided to simplify my
decorating and use seasonal and mix it with my everyday things.  I have been
surprised at how many ladies have shopped in our store and said the same thing:
this year, for them, less is more.  I really have been glad at my decision.



This jelly cupboard is in the kitchen.  The wreath and toile lamp are
everyday items.  We'll have another post about making fabric flowers
like the ones on the wreath.



I scored this secretary desk from a friend who was downsizing.  It
is currently in the kitchen because it will soon be painted and
moved to the living room.  It is empty and awaiting it's
transformation but I thought it needed some berry picks.



This metal star votive holder came from our store years ago.  I hope
our supplier will bring them back because they were a popular item
for us in Country Sampler.  If they do, I'll let you know.  :).
I simply hung a small wreath on the hanger behind the star.
 



The tree is one of three in a set.  You can check the products link on
this blog for the set.  I put white ornaments in a crackled glass bowl.
My table was my grandmother's.  She painted and antiqued it when
I was about 10.  That was 47 years ago.  I'd like to paint it again
but I can't seem to bring myself to change it. 




The hydrangeas are everyday for the coffee table.  I set them on a
tray with a Christmas book, a wood wick Yankee candle, and a white
bird with a nest (that I didn't get in the picture).  Sorry!

I think I won't overwhelm you with pictures tonight.  But I'll be back and we'll look at some more ways I
thought would help keep the decorations simple.  Happy weekend!  See you soon!

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.