Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Something New

Happy Hump Day!   Our week is half over.  Christmas will be here soon.  For the 5th day here in NW Arkansas, schools are out.  But not at our house because we homeschool :).  I had a set of stack boxes and I wanted to see what I could do with them to "customize" them to our color scheme.  I hope this
post gives you some ideas about using what you might already have to add to your home.  These
were from our store a couple of Christmases ago, but I have seen less expensive ones at dollar stores and Hobby Lobby.  It really was an easy project and if I can do it, then probably your toddler can, too!

I spray painted the top and middle ones, the middle and bottom lids, and used fabric to cover the top lid and bottom box.
Each week Hobby Lobby has a 40% off coupon and that's how I purchased the spray paint.  The fabric is duckcloth.  I thought I needed a thicker fabric with more body.  I really believe that helped give it a finished look.  A couple of times a month Hobby Lobby has their fabric 30% off.  I used a glue gun to glue the fabric.  I measured around the box and cut and glued it, tucking it inside.  For the trim on top, I measured the circumference, cut it wider, folded it and ironed it to make it
finished and crisp, then used the glue gun.

These are usually in the living room but since the Christmas décor in there is green and white, they are occupying a corner of the bedroom through the holidays.  Thanks for looking and enjoy your day.  Tomorrow I may put the recipe for our holiday dressing on here.  It was my grandmother's and my mom's.  And it's wonderful!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.