Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Cranberry Salad

Time to start planning our Christmas dinners.  Mine isn't too hard to plan since my family
likes the same thing year after year because ROUTINE.  But I love routine also so that's
okay with me--probably where they got it. :) 

Here is a tried and true recipe that has been a favorite for many years.  It's just the right
combination of sweet and slightly tart. 

Christmas Cranberry Salad
1 Large box cherry jello
2 cups of boiling water (no more water than this)
1 small can of crushed pineapple
1 small container of frozen strawberries (slightly thawed)
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
pecans or walnuts (optional)

Stir boiling water into jello, mix thoroughly, add the strawberries, pineapple, and cranberry sauce. 
After that is all mixed well add your pecans and place in refrigerator until firm--several hours or
overnight.  Put mixture (before you refrigerate it)  into your prettiest glass bowl because this salad
will be gorgeous--just the right shade of Christmas red.  A bowl something like this.  And enjoy!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.