Monday, January 27, 2014

Using Essential Oils for Health

Hello!  Time to start another week.  Mondays at our house are made up of school (first and foremost), laundry, mopping hard floors, and baking.  Today Hope has made granola for the week and Anna is making peanut butter cookies that will only last a few hours.  It is a blessing to hear
my girls laughing in the kitchen together as I write.

In our quest for natural health we have discovered the benefits of essential oils.  It has been very
helpful to learn more about these wonderful oils created by God for our good.

I'm going to be writing about 3 of them this week and today I wanted to start with the one
we use the most.  I hope this information will be helpful to you because I love sharing what
I have learned with others.  Let me start by saying that, again, I know essential oils were
created by The Creator for our benefit.  They are "essential" to me for my family's good. 
But they are JUST TOOLS that are available to me.  I know our well being and health are
gifts from God and that's where the glory belongs, BUT, they are useful tools as He leads
us to know more about those things created and meant to be good to us and for us.

That said, here's what I want to share today.  (And I get no compensation from Young
Living or Miracle 2--just want to share good information).





Thieve Essential Oil--it has to be my favorite.  It smells wonderful.  But better than that,
here is the scoop on it. 
The name 'Thieves' comes from research about four thieves in France who covered
themselves in cloves, rosemary, and other spices when they would go into homes and
rob--homes where victims of the plague had died.  It is a blend of clove, cinnamon,
rosemary, lemon, and eucalyptus.  We take a drop in water and if my family doesn't
want to drink it, we apply it topically.  It is good for strep (rubbed on the throat), flu,
colds, coughs (rubbed on the chest), and general immune building and good health.  It
is probably better to combine with a drop of olive oil or coconut oil as the cloves and
cinnamon could irritate sensitive skin rubbed directly on.  My girls will often just
breathe it if congested or feeling "blah", like something is coming on.  I heard last
year during flu season an administrator at a nursing home bought three diffusers and
diffused Thieves throughout the building.  They had only one case of flu and that case
was brought in when a patient was admitted with flu.  And that case was short lived.
I also use it in cleaning.  I combine water, Thieves, and Miracle 2 soap (see this website
www.missdaisyshealth.com to check out Miracle 2--we use it for cleaning and the
moisturizing soap for bathing) in a spray bottle for disinfecting everything!  I also
made some hand wipes for the girls to use at ballet.  I cut paper towels in half, put
them in a Ziploc bag, added boiled water (cooled) and a few drops of Thieves.  Great
smelling wipes!  And when we travel, I make up some to use on hard surfaces.  Last
year when we went to basketball Nationals for a week, I diffused it in our hotel room.
Not a sniffle or germ got us!

Okay, enough about Thieves for today.  I hope this is useful information.  If you live
in the NW Arkansas area, I plan to host a class for essential oils soon.  Let me know
if you are interested.  Next post, I will tell you about the essential oil that stopped a
stomach virus in it's tracks, literally.  And no one else in this close household has
come down with it.  Thanks for reading this.  Ask me anything about oils and I'll find
the answer for you.  They are the real deals!  Enjoy your Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.