Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Easy Project

Our week is half over and I hope it's been a good one for you.

Today our high was in the 30s, quite a warm up from Monday and Tuesday when it struggled to get above 0. 

These cold, winter days that find us staying inside are great days for projects.  Big projects give us a good feeling of accomplishment but sometimes a quick, easy project can be rewarding without the time and energy spent on something bigger.

I love monograms and initials so one day I adapted  a little something for the master bathroom based on an idea I had seen on a blog. 

I had an empty decorative frame and some scrapbook paper that I really liked.  I also had some plain cardstock in a khaki color.  They were all perfect since the bathroom is black and khaki.

I found a font on the computer--I believe it was Edwardian Script.  I am particularly fond of cursive type scripts so this was perfect.  I had to play around with the size but finally found one that fit the
frame.  I placed our last name in the middle and our first initials on each side of the name.  Again, I had to play with the spacing.  After printing that off, I cut the scrapbook paper with decorative scissors, making a frame for the monograms.  I slipped all that in the frame and was done.  The hardest part was sizing and spacing the writing and that wasn't really that hard.  The finished product:



If you decide to do anything like this, send pictures of your project.

We'll visit later in  the week-- stay warm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.