Friday, January 10, 2014

It's What's For Friday Dinner or Supper or Anything You Want It to Be

It's Friday!  After starting the work week with 0 degrees and snow, we ended today with rain and thunder.  I actually felt hot during the night.  Not use to cold (as opposed to frigid), I guess. 

Dinner ( or supper) tonight is going to be simple because I have to help with registration for the spring performance this afternoon at the ballet studio.  Poor sentence structure--the performance is not this afternoon, just registration. :).

Anyway, I  wanted to share a super-easy but still really tasty way to make your family happy--and a little healthy. 

 
 
 
Our second favorite salad is easy.  I'll share our favorite salad soon--it's not so easy.  For this one, I use one half of a head of romaine lettuce.  You could also use green or red leaf and I suppose iceberg but I wouldn't recommend that unless you want no nutritional value for your trouble.  So, go with romaine or leaf.  Also, you need a clove of garlic, salt and pepper to taste (a little heavier on the pepper), olive oil, and apple cider vinegar (unfiltered is the healthiest).  Use a 2:1 amount of oil to vinegar.  I would give you an exact amount but individual tastes vary; so will your amount.  2Tbs to 1 Tbs is probably a good start.  Also, throw in a few green olives and a little juice and you're in love with it. You can also kick up the garlic in the winter or if anything is "going around". 


 Now for more good and easy.  Frozen ravioli made from cheese is our favorite.  Beef ravioli would work, I'm sure--it's just not our thing.  Take a package of ravioli   and place in a greased pan.  Sprinkle 6 oz of mozzarella cheese on top of that and a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce on top of all that.  We love Ragu or Bertolli.  Place in 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes.  You can also put some parmesan cheese on top it you like.  Add some garlic bread and you are all set.

What's cooking at your house tonight?

Have a great weekend--we'll visit next week. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.