Monday, March 24, 2014

Trellis Pattern--the New Chevron?

Excuse me, but isn't this March 24?  As in "early spring"?  What's up with the weather?
We even have a chance of flurries tomorrow.  That's "snow" flurries. 

Okay, let's leave the subject of weather and move to something fun. 
I have a fascination for patterns.  I love scrolls.  So much that a friend who
shares that love usually gets a gift with scrolls from me or gives me a gift
that somehow incorporates scrolls.  It is a classic pattern and never goes out
of style. 

I also like chevron as a fun pattern, but not anywhere as much as scroll.  It's
been popular for a few years, and since it is somewhat 'faddish', I think it will
someday be outdated.  Like paneling :).  Awful, awful, paneling.

My newest fondness in the world of patterns is the trellis pattern.  Like scroll,
there are many variations and that makes it fun to work with.  You could
incorporate it many places in your decorating without overkilling it.  It will,
I predict, always stay a classic.  But don't take that to the bank because I honestly
don't have enough expertise to make a décor prediction. 

So...in this Decorating 101 lesson in trellis patterns, I'll show you some pictures
I found of it.  Enjoy and try to stay warm.


I like the variations and colors.




I think the wallpaper below is very classy looking.  And the piece in front of it is lovely.


The before and after below is from my favorite  decoratingblog.  www.dearlillieblog.blogspot.com.  This young wife and mommy, Jennifer, is one of the best decorators I've ever followed.  I admire her style greatly.  And she does most all of her own work--from painting trim to sewing.  She has used
trellis patterns all through her new house and I don't think it is overdone.  She has given me
permission to use her images so you'll see lots of pictures from her blog.



I love the way she uses chevron and trellis in here.  Such talent!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.