Monday, March 10, 2014

New LIFE!

I am greeting you on a bright, sunny Monday morning here in NW Arkansas!

There have been days that I thought I might never be able to type that!  After
a long, dreary, cold winter we might be seeing signs of "new life" here.  And
that's exciting. 

Even though it has stayed cold, the trees are beginning to bud.  That tells
me that they are coming to life, not from the warmth but from The Creator
who has instructed them to do so.   They are experiencing "new life" for this
season.

My oldest son gave me these beautiful tulips Saturday and today they are
showing signs of "new life".


As I marveled at the newly opened blooms, the Lord gave me today's blog post.  "New Life".



I used these pink tulips in a post on decorating last week.  They are beautiful and I will enjoy them
longer than the yellow ones but sadly, the reason for that is they are artificial and not living.  When
I look at both bouquets, the difference is obvious.  The living ones are so much more beautiful in
their state of being alive. 

I prefer LIFE.  ETERNAL LIFE.  I looked up some verses on "life" this morning in my Bible
study.
James 4:14        "...you are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes
                           away."  Far more than our earthly life, which vanishes quickly, we
                           should be concerned with eternal life.
Matthew 20:28  "...Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and
                           to give His LIFE a ransom for many."
John 1:4            "In Him (Jesus) was LIFE, and the  LIFE was the Light of men."
John 3:16          "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
                          that whosoever believes on Him shall not perish, but have eternal LIFE."
John 17:3          This is eternal LIFE, that they may know You, the only true God, and
                          Jesus Christ whom You have sent."
Galatians 2:20   "I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but
                          Christ lives in me; and the LIFE which I now live in the flesh I live by
                          faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."

I pray you have found this "new life" in Christ.  In this season of "new life", may each of
us come alive  like all of nature around us is beginning to come alive. 

Notice the tiny new bud just opening here.  Let's be "new life" to those around us today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.