Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pure Cleaning

If I'm going to be true to "Pat's Again..."'s mission, I have to
believe that cleaning is part of "making you and your home
happy".  Years ago I started researching products that were
people and earth friendly--especially people friendly.  I found
a group of products under the label, "Miracle II" and the more
I learned about them the more impressed I was.  (For the
record I don't get anything from them for telling you about
them.)  I just think they're worth sharing.  A friend asked
me to make a list of the things I clean with and I thought I
would include it here for you.


For showering and bathing, our family uses the
Miracle II moisturizing soap on the left.  We put
it in a pump bottle and use three pumps putting
it onto a nylon bath scrubber.  Work up a good
lather and use it all over.  It contains no animal
fats (like other soaps) so it rinses off cleanly. It
is very gentle but cleans thoroughly.  A BONUS
is that if you take your scrubber as the water is
draining out and wipe down the tub you will
have NO NEED to clean your bathtub.  No
scum--honest!!  Try it and see. You can
shampoo with it but if you have oily hair, I
would use the regular Miracle II.

For all my other cleaning here goes: 
Bathrooms:  baking soda and a mixture of Miracle II, water, and tea tree oil
(mixed together in a squirt bottle above)  in the toilet bowl.  Tea tree mix sprayed on
all toilet surfaces.  On all other bathroom surfaces: the baking soda, tea tree
mix, and vinegar (in the pink bottle above).  Sprinkle soda and spray others and
then wipe off.  Allow to air dry.  Also use the tea tree mix and vinegar to mop
floors--just spray both and wipe.  On another note: I clean my mirrors with
a fiber cloth and water and then re-wipe them with a dry fiber cloth.

In the kitchen:  I keep another bottle of tea tree oil, Miracle II, and water
and use that as my disinfectant for counter tops. If you aren't familiar
with tea tree oil it is a powerful anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-
bacterial agent.   I keep another bottle of Miracle and water mix and
squirt that on food-caked dishes, utensils, and pans. It works on sticky
things and grease.  I spray it on my stove top to clean it.  I sprinkle
baking soda on dishes and pans that would require some sort of
scrubber and rub it--and food comes right off!!  I have also found that
salt sprinkled on those things is a fantastic food remover.  I feel good
about all of these things because they are non-toxic, easy to use, and
a lot cheaper than ready to use products.  Your bathroom smells so
good because the products are pure.  Your family is so much safer!!

You can find Miracle II products at health food stores but the most
economical place is the internet.  I buy it here but you can research
and find a place of your own if you like.  Important note:  a little Miracle II
goes a long way--experiment with it but don't overdo.

I hope these ideas are helpful.  I have cleaned with these for many
years and I have 'tweaked' them and played with them until I get
my cleaning routine like I like it to be.  Have fun and enjoy being
clean and green.  Soon I'll share a few more green things I have
found for laundry.

























0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.