Monday, July 23, 2012

Yum!

As promised, I want to share a yummy sounding recipe from one of our cookbooks.  This is a new one: Super Fast Slow Cooking.  I love the name and the concept.  Who doesn't sometimes need to use their crock pot to present a delicious meal for their family's dining pleasure?  And also, because we all find ourselves "scrunched" for time.  This one sounds good!

Sandra's Slow-Cooker Brisket

1 onion, sliced                                          12-oz.bottle chili sauce
3 to 4-lb. beef brisket                                salt and pepper to taste
1 T. smoke-flavored cooking sauce     

Arrange onion slices in a slow-cooker; place brisket on top of onion.
Add smoke-flavored cooking sauce; pour chili sauce over brisket.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Cover and cook on low setting for
10-12 hours.  Makes 6 servings.

This cookbook has so many slow-cooker recipes.  Come in and look over all of them.
Happy cooking!  Thanks for checking in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.