Saturday, September 6, 2014

Feels Like Fall, Y'all!

Yes, it does.  Today is ballgame day and the weather is adding to the feeling of fall-like weather.   There are some
crazy predictions out there for what kind of fall we are in for.  We'll have to wait and see, though.

I have a tutorial about making banners here: banners.  It (hopefully) gives you all the info
you need.  It will also contain a link to show you how to make the fabric flowers.  I decided
yesterday the weather was right to make a fall banner for the store.

And here are the results:

I decided to go with something simple.  Just a couple of flowers and the burlap letters.





The flowers have a black background but also have some brown so I went with a brown marker for the letters.


I thought about putting buttons for the center of the flower but wanted something with more of a
contrast, so to pull in the burlap to the flower I just made a little rosette for the middle. This time
around, I couldn't find double side bias tape in this green so I went with single side.  You can
make it work but to do that I ironed the creases out and then folded it over and ironed again and
that game me a little more tape to work with.

It is simple to do and fun to make and when you're done, you feel a sense of accomplishment.  And
it's a great way to spend a cozy evening while you watch a movie with your family.  Last night
we watched "Mom's Night Out"--for the third time.  It's so funny and so accurate!

Have fun with this!  And a big thanks to everyone who has visited the new store in the "chapel".
Our first month there was great and that was in a month where ladies are buying essential
items like back-to-school clothes and school supplies.  We are excited to see what fall holds.
Yay for fall!  Have a great weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.