Monday, September 22, 2014

The Colors of Fall

This weather is beautiful....

I am slowly changing our home from a traditional flavor leaning toward French Country to small amounts of farmhouse/cottage. That means that neutrals and whites will be a big part of the decor scheme.  But I love pops of color.  I don't think I can every totally decorate for fall
in just monochromatic whites.  To me, fall and harvest include rich, abundant color.  I love
white pumpkins but will always have to have the warm colors of the season.

So...that said....let's walk around the house and soak up this season of warmth and abundance.


Berries and sunflowers.  I put a timed candle in here so, at dusk, it begins to flicker and give warmth
to the room.


Fall's vibrant colors.


Lemons with cloves stuck in.  Just a few touches added to your everyday things are nice.




More berries and a bittersweet stitchery.

 
Just a single pumpkin is sometimes all you need.  And I keep hydrangeas out all year.

 \
Not fall, but I found this at a flea market and liked it.  It's just an old hymn book, tied with twine,
and an old key added as an embellishment.  And I loved the song it was turned to.  "Keep Your Eyes
Fixed on Jesus"!




Again, candles, even votives are a great way to add the warmth of the season.

Thanks for taking a walk with me.  Enjoy decorating your house!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.