Thursday, May 29, 2014

For Those of Us Who Love Farmhouse and Beach

Hello!

I was looking at some pictures today of Katharine Hepburn's home in Fenwick,
Connecticut.  It is on the market for a mere 14.8 million dollars.  I'm guessing
there won't be many lookers at that price.  But from the pictures, the person with
a checkbook that big who buys it, they will have a beautiful, serene home.

An interesting history before we enjoy pictures:  her parents built it when she was
5 years old for $2400.  Quite a return for the initial investment, I'd say.  In 1938,
a hurricane that had not been predicted or warned about swept the family's home
into the river.  She was able to salvage a silver service set and 38 pieces of the
family's silver.

I hope you enjoy these pictures.  The house is beautiful and is the perfect
combination of farmhouse and beach.  With a little colonial, too.




The perfect way to say "Welcome"  to your guests!
 

I love the simplicity of the dining room.  And what a view to eat by.




There just are not any words for this kitchen.  It speaks for itself.   I do love that farmhouse sink, though.


I'm guessing the drawer pulls are original from 1938.  What do you think?



The master bedroom.  Blue striped chairs--love love love!  And a window seat!


I would never want to leave this room.


Again, no words.


This is a sitting room right off one of the other bedrooms.


This is the third floor--because everyone needs a third floor, right?


As a mom of many, this would be the perfect place to watch my kids run and play when they
were little.  And run and play with them :).


More beauty!


When the current owner redesigned and redecorated the house, they left the original fireplace
and hearth in place.  A good decision, I think.

I hope you enjoyed these  pictures.  Have a great weekend.  Our first official one of summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.