Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Simple Life

I've been thinking about a new post and wanted to vary from just
featuring products and present something to encourage us in our
lives as homemakers.  I looked through my kid's books and couldn't
find the one I wanted--probably due to my lack of being organized--
so this post needs to be applied to myself first. :)  I had been thinking
about the Berenstain Bears and the book "Too Much Stuff"-the one
I couldn't find. 


My husband and I have been married almost 34 years and it seems
like the first 30 were spent accumulating "stuff".  About 5 years ago,
the Lord really began working on our hearts to "simplify" our lives.
Along with really seeking Him and making our schedules and demands
easier to manage, we began to de-clutter our possessions.

About that time, I suppose to solidify our life lessons we were learning,
the Lord allowed a situation to help us in our learning process--our
home was "skunked" as our children called it.  A large skunk got under
part of a sunroom and the rest is history, let's just say.  It permeated most
of the house and forced us to move out completely for weeks.  Obviously,
that was a purging time for us and we lost a lot of things.  But weeks later
when we moved to our new house, we had a lot less to move and in that
process our hearts and minds had embraced a way of life that was much
free-er without the burden of "Too Much Stuff".  We puposed to live
the rest of our life like this and it is so much more simple.  I find myself
better able to manage our days.
I have heard of this book but have not read it.
I want to and thought it captures what I want
in my life.

Althought I couldn't find the book I wanted, this one
will send me to one of my daughter's closets this afternoon
to follow Mama's activity.


This hangs in our garage as a reminder to us of the way
we want to live life.
 In our high calling as wives and mothers, or maybe just a lady making herself a home,
I'm convinced that simple living is such a blessing.  Now...I'm off to tackle that closet!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to order anything I will contact you if you leave contact info. My comments are not published until I moderate them so I will not put your private info in the comment section.